Theme parties are fun! Memorable moments are made at these events. Theme parties are popular and guaranteed to succeed. There are really two major theme party concepts:
- A theme party that expects your guests to dress-up
- A theme party where the party takes on the form of a theme, for instance a "Casino Royale" party.
No matter whether you only expect your guests to dress-up or whether you will be undertaking extensive decorating to create a theme, prepare well ahead of the date and your party will be mistake-proof.
The first and the most important aspect of a successful theme party is choosing the theme. Most of us find this a difficult task. But, with a little help this becomes the easy part.
First of all, remember the following:
- Most people are not very creative
- Most people do not want to go to too much trouble for a party
- Most people appreciate a few tips and tricks to help them with the preparation for a theme party
- Most people do not want to go to too much expense.
In keeping with this knowledge, remember:
A successful theme party is one where all the guests participate!
Tips for a simple dress-up party:
The trick is to get all the guests to participate.
- Make it easy for the guests
- Select a theme that all the guests can identify with. Simple themes are of the most successful
- Provide clues for dressing-up.
Here are a few simple themes that you can try:
- Color party. Guests are informed that a particular color is the theme of the party. All guests are asked to dress in the color. Although this appears to be very simple, it creates a wonderful atmosphere, whatever form your party will take on.
- Two-tone party. This is similar to the color party; the difference is that the men are asked to dress in one color and the woman in another.
- Hat party goes well when combined with a barbeque. Guests are asked to wear hats to the party. The most creative hat will receive a prize.
- Pyjama party. Amongst some groups of friends it can be fun having all your guests arrive in pyjamas.
- Rich-man-poor-man party. Members of a couple dress to represent the rich and the poor.
- Bottle and diaper party. Guests are expected to dress as babies. This can really be fun. Give the best dressed baby a prize.
- "Pretty woman" party. This movie with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere has been the theme for many parties. The male partner dresses as the wealthy and the female partner as a lady of joy.
Here are a few party themes that you can try:
All these suggestions require some decorating to make the theme come alive. These parties require a lot of planning and can become expensive. Decide upon a budget before you start the planning. Remember - simple decorations may be all you need to make a theme come alive.
- Casino Royale party
- Western party
- Barnyard party
- Halloween party
- Graveyard party
- Middle ages party